AccordionChords.com

Feel free to talk about anything non-accordion related in this forum.
Mia H

AccordionChords.com

Post by Mia H »

Hello everyone,

It is very complicated for me to learn and remember the chords (in general but also with the accordion and the piano), this is the thing I'm the most struggling with. So I was looking for some tips to learn the chords and I ended up on an awesome website that I want to share with you. It's very likely that you already know this site haha (maybe Ronen has already talked about it, I don't Know), but for those who don't, I share the link here.

On this website all the things that you need to know about the left hand are explained. There are also tips on how to read music notation, there are tutorials and quizzes. Of course it doesn't replace accordionlove.com, not at all ! but there are interesting things, at least for me so why not for you too ;)

Here is the link : https://accordionchords.com/

Have a good day :)
Mia :D
Ronen from Accordion Love

Re: AccordionChords.com

Post by Ronen from Accordion Love »

This looks really useful, Mia. Lots of content there.
Thank you!
Adrian P

Post by Adrian P »

Thanks Mia,
I've added this to my bookmarks, bound to come in handy.
Adrian
It's humble to stumble ! :)
Ivo v

Post by Ivo v »

Great website Mia, thanks very much
regards Ivo
alan

Post by alan »

It took me a very long time to learn the left hand but once you get it it really isn’t so daunting. A good start is getting a chart and just working from middle c. There are many great books that deal just with the left hand which go very slowly.
One of the biggest problems I had was that except for middle c,I had no dimples-markers on the right e or the left side. If that is the case with your instrument,having the markers makes a world of difference. Being able to jump from to C to e is so easy with a marker.
The major,minor,etc. Chords are very logical and follow the same patterns. The counter basses are the trickiest part but they can be learned without much difficulty. People are completely mystified by the left hand as I was for too long,but once you understand the pattern it becomes very easy to follow and you really only always use the same buttons over and over again.
John G

Post by John G »

Thanks Mia this is a useful reference for me- so very helpful thank you. I am also getting to grips with www.chordwheel.com by Jim Fleser for progressions and transposing - slowly slowly ! Best wishes and thanks again.
Mia H

Post by Mia H »

I didn’t know this one, thank you John !
Mia H

Post by Mia H »

alan wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 pm once you understand the pattern it becomes very easy to follow and you really only always use the same buttons over and over again.
Totally true ! It’s more for the right hand that I have difficulties with remembering the chords. If you tell me to play a F#m, for example, it takes time for me to find it on the keyboard. I always played the piano by ear without knowing the chords, now I want to learn them but while already knowing how to play it’s more complicated I think !
But I’m practicing and I hope that one day it will become completely natural haha 😄
Tom F

Post by Tom F »

Very nice resource, thanks Mia!