Accordion Star International competition

Feel free to talk about anything non-accordion related in this forum.
Alans

Accordion Star International competition

Post by Alans »

The Accordion Star International competition is on right now and one of the major sponsors is our very own Martin from Tempo music!
The performances are all posted now-they are viewable on you tube or through the competition face book page. Each of the videos I have seen so far have been exceptional. The level of playing is mind-boggling. There are many different categories-eight and under,37+,there is a category for digital accordions , for accordion playing in ensembles, other instruments which are related to the accordion family, and one category which is for the playing of the music of Bach. I believe there are around thirty participants. Many of the players are playing folk music from their countries but I have heard quite a bit of classical-so far no jazz and I am far from watching all of the entries. The judges I believe are from 33 countries,two from the land where Ronen and I live , Canada. One participant is from Canada-she plays a traditional pop song from decades ago. Most of the participants are from the Ukraine,Serbia and Russia. There is one person so far from France and only one from the U.S. but his playing is exceptional as is his video presentation.
It’s just an incredible festival of fantastic playing and I believe it continues until April 25th.
Rudy1

Re: Accordion Star International competition

Post by Rudy1 »

Videos of people playing accordions are what I watch many of. There are indeed astounding players on this planet.
Mia H

Re: Accordion Star International competition

Post by Mia H »

Wow thank you for this post, I didn't know at all about this competition ! It sounds wonderfull I will watch the performances.
Mia :D