Finding time to practice?

Feel free to talk about anything non-accordion related in this forum.
alan

Finding time to practice?

Post by alan »

How do you find the energy to practice when you just spent the day working for the man and all you want to do is sleep? My continuous dilemma. All that is asked of me is fifteen minutes a day but..
Ivo v

Re: Finding time to practice?

Post by Ivo v »

Easy! I find playing wonderful. Can practice over a hour a day. The only downer is that In the evening we are not sitting together. So no quality time in the relation with my wife. But my accordion gets very tired every day.
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

I enjoy playing and find it relaxing. I don't really think of it as "practicing" but rather as "playing". The distinction being that it's something playful and fun for me. Don't get me wrong - I've spent a lot of time practicing (mainly on the piano, which is my main instrument) and working technical drills and fingering exercises and what not. But accordion is something that I play only because I want to, and because it's fun. I do enjoy learning new things and playing more challenging pieces, but each time I sit down to play I find it joyous, playful and relaxing. And it's easy to find time for something that relaxes me and that I enjoy.
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

alan wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:00 am How do you find the energy to practice when you just spent the day working for the man and all you want to do is sleep? My continuous dilemma. All that is asked of me is fifteen minutes a day but..
Don't worry about that and only keep your motivation and the instrument warm, so you take off in some time. I interrupted for 10 years, but many things have survived that period somewheere in my hands or brain....
There is another Alan, who practiced the piano with one single piece for more than a year having less than 15 minutes per day, because of his work as chief editor of a London newspaper. I just finished his interesting book (Alan Rusbridger: Play it Again. An Amateur Against the Impossible, 2013).