Ear Training Benefits and Discussion

Just getting started with playing the accordion and have questions? Have a question about a technique? This is the place.
Chris B

Ear Training Benefits and Discussion

Post by Chris B »

I have found by sounding out other peoples notes, it has really helped me express the notes in my head with better accuracy. I was definitely stuck in a rut with my playing. I was going through the same notes with the same rhythms and not really progressing. Since practicing the ear training exercises, I've gotten new ideas with each one. I find it amazing that by sounding out 7 notes it can really set my thinking in a new direction. I am curious what other people have found since practicing the ear training exercises. This is totally new to me.
Mia H

Re: Ear Training Benefits and Discussion

Post by Mia H »

It’s great Chris, I think that it really was the point of this ear training exercices !
I always played music by ear so for me the challenge was trying to play back correctly with less than three tries ( it was hard ). I’m sure everyone found something interesting in this January challenge :)
Mia :D
Chris B

Re: Ear Training Benefits and Discussion

Post by Chris B »

Less than three tries is impressive. It took me 2 hours to go through 7 peoples challenges.(and I'm still not sure I got them right :) ha) . so I'm definitely a bit slower, but am improving.