Neotech Pad-It Shoulder Straps

Talk about accordions (digital and acoustic), amplifiers, straps, and any related musical equipment.
Larry T

Neotech Pad-It Shoulder Straps

Post by Larry T »

I need to replace the shoulder straps on my accordion and I wonder if anyone here has experience with Neotech Pad-It shoulder straps. They are made of nylon webbing and neoprene pads and instead of metal buckles one easily adjusts the length of the straps by gripping and tugging on the straps.
To loosen the straps, one lifts the plastic clasp to release the straps similar to the way one adjust straps on backpacks.

I am curious about how these hold up, how comfortable they are and if there are any downsides to using these straps vs. more traditional leather straps with buckles.
Kim N

Re: Neotech Pad-It Shoulder Straps

Post by Kim N »

I have a pair for my weltmeister Rubin. They were on a larger accordion prior. I will say in my opinion they are light and functional ,comfortable too on a small accordion.However I find them unattractive vs beautiful leather straps. Since my Rubin is my everyday accordion they are fine, reasonably priced as well. I do not have them on my larger accordion.
Larry T

Re: Neotech Pad-It Shoulder Straps

Post by Larry T »

Hi Kim,
Thank you for the information about the straps. I have a full-sized accordion so maybe I will stick with traditional leather straps.