Strap Sugestions

Talk about accordions (digital and acoustic), amplifiers, straps, and any related musical equipment.
rsander18

Strap Sugestions

Post by rsander18 »

Hi everyone,

Im relativly new to accordion, I've been playing for about a year, and I was wondering what were some good replacement straps to look at. I have a RANI 120 bass piano accordion and the straps feel like they are way to big. Im 6 foot 4 inches and pretty big in the shoulders and even at the straps tightest they still fall off my shoulders while im playing and doesnt sit very comfortably on my chest. It makes moving the bellows really awkward as well. Does anyone have any advice on looking for straps online? Or what I could do with my straps that I have right now? I might not be using the straps correctly so any advice is apreciated Thanks!
annadalvi

Re: Strap Sugestions

Post by annadalvi »

I bought some cheap vinyl straps on amazon. They worked well for a while, but then the vinyl didn't hold up and started disintegrating.

Then I ordered these ones, and so far they've held up. It's only been a year, but so far, so good.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00XMA ... UTF8&psc=1

As for how to wear the straps and how much to tighten them - I found it really helpful to see an accordion instructor in the beginning to help me adjust these things. It's a bit harder to explain in text. But basically, you want the strap that goes over your left shoulder (bass side) to be tighter than the one on your right shoulder. When you wear the accordion, you want the treble keys to be in a comfortable position to play on.
If you play sitting down, you want the bottom right corner of the accordion to be on the inside of your thigh (if you spread your knees a bit - not very ladylike, I know).

Hope that helps.
rsander18

Post by rsander18 »

Thank you so much! This helps more than you can imagine.
olivigus

Post by olivigus »

I've gotten several very nice sets of straps from this ebay seller from Poland (https://www.ebay.com/usr/musicstickers1). They have all been good quality leather and comfortable. Some nice color combinations too. The shipping is free but does take a while.
RolandG

Post by RolandG »

Greetings,

Take a look at the link below. This strap connects the left and right strap near the center of my back. This has helped me hold the accordion correctly.

http://accordionbackstrap.com/
Ivo v

Post by Ivo v »

Hi
I have purchased a back strap as well.
Should have done this the very first day I picked up the accordion.
Fantastic for my back.
Steady accordion on my lap.

regard Ivo
Ivo M.

Return to “Discuss Your Gear”