Tune of the Month, January 2023, "Bella Ciao"

Share video or audio links of your playing. Forum is open to Accordion Love Members only. Ask for feedback, or just highlight your playing.
annadalvi

Re: Tune of the Month, January 2023, "Bella Ciao"

Post by annadalvi »

Very nice Wendy! So happy you decided to join in, and with such a sweet and melancholy version of Bella Ciao. Well done!

Kyle - I’m up for anything next month. La foule is lovely. Or Ayanna Thiersen. Or perhaps Vai vedrai, which I love (but the changes in time signatures is tricky, so maybe it’s not a good choice). Or Joe Dassin or daft punk. Really, anything is good.
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hi Wendy Congratulations on your first entry into Tune of the Month! :D I really enjoyed your performance and the sound of your accordion.
NC Poole

Post by NC Poole »

Beautifully played, Wendy and Anna! I love how different everyone’s renditions of this song are :)
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

Kyle, for February I'm open to everything. Maybe we should think of encouraging others to participate like Wendy this month (bravo!!). Maybe we should choose a Song which is Not too hard.
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

This is so unique and wonderful! And thank you for smiling , you are looking so nice!
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

Reeka wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 pm Kyle, for February I'm open to everything. Maybe we should think of encouraging others to participate like Wendy this month (bravo!!). Maybe we should choose a Song which is Not too hard.
Good thinking. At a quick glance, I would think that the simplest songs in that section (not counting the ones we've already done) are either Get Lucky (Daft Punk) or Champs Elysees (Joe Dassin).
Next level would probably be La Foule, Amelie, Emenez Moi and La vie en Rose.
And the hardest ones are Vai Vedrai and La Noyee (because the rhythms are tricky).
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

Its a hard choice. Just listened to Emenez moi and found it much more attraktive than Champs elysee. Daft Punk, is it really frenchy enough? We need more Postings for this Problem :)
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

Reeka wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:49 pm Its a hard choice. Just listened to Emenez moi and found it much more attraktive than Champs elysee. Daft Punk, is it really frenchy enough? We need more Postings for this Problem :)
I don't know. Is Miss Kiss Kiss Bang German? :lol:
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hi Everybody :D

I had so much fun filming this video (it took a few takes & my dog wanted to get involved as usual).

I hope you enjoy my entry to Tune of the Month and looking forwarding to seeing more entries. :)
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

I like the key change Kyle. I had meant to do that too, but then I lost myself in improv and rhythm-changes. But it sounds nice to push it up.