Tune of the Month, September 2022, "Anniversary Waltz/Anniversary Song/Waves of the Danube"

Share video or audio links of your playing. Forum is open to Accordion Love Members only. Ask for feedback, or just highlight your playing.
annadalvi

Re: Tune of the Month, September 2022, "Anniversary Waltz/Anniversary Song/Waves of the Danube"

Post by annadalvi »

Chris N wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:16 pm Anna, your performance was full of invention. So many different themes knitted together. It all flows so naturally when you play - it seems effortless, though I'm sure it can't be!
Haha, nope, not effortless. It is nice when it starts to flow though.
Kyle V

Re: Tune of the Month, September 2022, "Anniversary Waltz/Anniversary Song/Waves of the Danube"

Post by Kyle V »

CALL OUT FOR OCTOBER 2022

Hi Everybody :)

I'm looking for feedback and ideas for your song choice from the TANGO/LATIN Accordion Songs category:

https://accordionlove.com/accordion-les ... ion-songs/

There's only a few songs and we did Lambada last year.

What would you like to learn next month?

Kyle :D
Chris N

Post by Chris N »

So it's either Libertango, El Choclo or Por Una Cabeza.

Hmmm 🤔

I like all of them. They all sound quite tricky though. Whichever we pick it will be a good challenge.

I think I tried to learn Libertango about a year ago, but didn't really get that far with it. But then I didn't have the tune of the month to motivate me!

What do the rest of you think? Any preferences?
mudbugcandy

Post by mudbugcandy »

I like your 3 choices Chris N. My first pic would be El Choclo. What do you think Kyle?
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

I think, Libertango is the most interesting tune of these, but also the hardest one. It's like a giant mountain I wouldn't have thought that I can come near to it. But for sure it would be possible just to master one piece or one layer (melody OR rhythm OR chords...) of it. Probably El choclo would be more popular among the accordionlovers, thus more of us would try to participate? I'm open to both.
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

I’m open to any tune, really. Por Una Cabeza is also great. Such a beautiful and fun tango.