Senior Living & an Accordion

Share video or audio links of your playing. Forum is open to Accordion Love Members only. Ask for feedback, or just highlight your playing.
Bob P

Senior Living & an Accordion

Post by Bob P »

Hi all,

Just back from a trip to Michigan, mom had to move into a senior care community. It was a week of sorting stuff, packing and moving boxes, etc etc. At the end of it my brother let me borrow his accordion (he hadn't played it in years, had to dig it out of the basement).

So I did an impromptu little concert for the old folks in her building. Played for about an hour. And there was dancing! :D

It was great to see people light up and smile, and I had a good time too!

When I was a kid I was in an all-accordion band, and every weekend we'd spend our Sunday afternoons playing concerts at the various nursing homes in the area. Did that for years. This brought back a lot of memories of those days. :)
mudbugcandy

Re: Senior Living & an Accordion

Post by mudbugcandy »

Wonderful! What a treat for the residents. Would love to have seen a video. Maybe next time. And how cool to have been in an all accordion band. That is my life goal.
Bob P

Re: Senior Living & an Accordion

Post by Bob P »

Yep, my wife just grabbed a couple of quick snaps, no video.

And fortunately people kept a respectful distance from me, because it turns out we both came home from the trip with covid! :(

My mom just called and she now has covid too. So it's the trip to Michigan that just keeps giving...

At least she's in a place now where they'll cook and care for her. The medical staff is right down the hall. And she says the quarantine will give her plenty of time to unpack! :)

(She's still in the 'I just have a sore throat' part of the cycle...I've warned her it's gonna get worse)