Kyle from Australia

Just joining the Accordion Love community? Introduce yourself and say hi to everyone :)
Kyle V

Kyle from Australia

Post by Kyle V »

Hi all!
I'm Kyle and I'm from Adelaide, Australia. I'm almost 18 years. I have always listened to a lot of music, and sung a lot, and was in our primary school choir for 3 years, which was the highlight of those school days. Encouraged by my mum and my German grandmother, I took weekly accordion lessons from a local teacher, Mrs Pearce. That was when I was 9 years. She used the Palmer-Hughes accordion course books to teach me. After 2 solid years of accordion learning with her, I took a break for 5 years. Then last year I got out my accordion again and realized how rusty I had become...
From watching Ronen on Youtube I am inspired and want to learn how to play by ear and to improvise.
This year I have begun my Youtube channel called Kyle Vance Music. If you have time please come over and see my accordion videos. Here is the link to my hardest piece yet - an Irish tune:

I am also posting playing some German folksongs with my grandma, which she remembers from her childhood. I also dabble on the keyboards and have played drums for the last four years.
I am looking forward to seeing how this goes, it's a really great idea Ronen, well done!!

Kyle
Tom F

Re: Kyle from Australia

Post by Tom F »

Hi and nice to meet you Kyle! Just to let you know, your video won't play imbedded (on this site), at least for me. You may have to adjust a setting on YouTube.

Keep up the good work!
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hi Tom, nice to meet you too. Yes I see what you mean about the Youtube insert, Thanks for letting me know. I will have to see about that.
Cheers Kyle
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hi Tom, a quick update. When I clicked on Watch this video on YouTube it connected to the right clip - on my computer, at least! However, you are right that it doesn't play on this site and I will have to change a setting for that.
Kyle
Tom F

Post by Tom F »

Yes, it worked that way for me too, and that's how I watched you play. I don't know why it doesn't play on this site. I'm not a youtube expert, maybe there is an "embed, or not-embed" setting?
Ronen from Accordion Love

Post by Ronen from Accordion Love »

Nice to meet you, Kyle! That video of you playing along to your grandmother's singing is heartwarming :)
Looks like you have a lot of the basics down. Happy to help you along with your journey to playing by ear and improvisation.