I#m Klaus

Just joining the Accordion Love community? Introduce yourself and say hi to everyone :)
KlausHinz

I#m Klaus

Post by KlausHinz »

Dear Ronen, Dears from the community,
I’m Klaus a new member; please find some information about me below.
I’m German and already an “elder” accordion student who found the love to the accordion again.
As a young boy my parents asked me to learn play an instrument. First I learned the flute later the accordion. I did so several years, then as often during the live other things were more important.
Middle aged I started again and bought a Hohner accordion. Did so again some time, forget again.
Now, I’m retired and regain the love to the accordion. As I stay in China this time –also because of the Covid-19 situation in Germany- I bought an accordion here again, 72 Bass.
I first started studying with new books, I bought during a Germany trip. Recommandable:
Akkordeon Workshop 1 and 2, Martina Schumeckers, Holzschuh Verlag VHR 1761 in German language!
So, I tried to learn the basics again; left side, right side, playing songs from the sheet music.
It’s going on quite well.
Some time ago I found your videos on Youtube. “What a new experience for playing the accordion”!
Learning by ear – trials and arpeggios – 15 minutes practice – playing songs without sheet music and so on.
I appreciate these things a lot. A new start (again) for me playing this wonderful instrument.
I hope the membership will help me to make progress. I also like to share my knowledge with the community. I’m very interested in musical theory like circle of fifth and special chords.
My favourites at the moment: Old German (Comedian Harmonists/1928…) and American songs (Strangers in the Night, Moon River) and my new love: Blues (Summertime Blues, St. Louis Blues).
If I need help, I‘m glad to contact you.
Kind regards
Klaus Hinz
Thomas E

Re: I#m Klaus

Post by Thomas E »

Moin Klaus... endlich mal ein Landsmann hier!!!
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

Hallo Klaus! This is Ulrike from Germany, too.
What you wrote is almost exactly my own experience. Martina Schumeckers book is wonderful, but I want to learn playing more free, as Ronen demonstrates it so many times. I profit a lot from Ronens lessons and performances and from the whole community - so welcome on board!
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hello Klaus Welcome! Playing by ear is also my new learning challenge. :)
KlausHinz

Post by KlausHinz »

Hello Reeka, Kyle V and Thomas,
thanks for the warm welcome!
Regards and keep on playing!
Klaus H
josh

Post by josh »

Hi Klaus ;)