Hello from Bellingham Washington

Just joining the Accordion Love community? Introduce yourself and say hi to everyone :)
copilotlindy

Hello from Bellingham Washington

Post by copilotlindy »

Hey everyone!

My name is Lindy and I recently picked up a used Francini 120 bass accordion and am excited to start learning. I had a few years of piano as a kid, so the right hand is less intimidating than the bass buttons, so I look forward to de-mystifying the left hand. My end goal is to be able to confidently busk at our local farmer's market, but I know I have a lot of work to get there. Looking to start with some classics like Beer Barrel polka, but also want to learn a few video game tunes like Kass's theme, and the comet observatory from Mario Galaxy.

Very happy to see so many folks from around the globe working on their skills - will definitely help keep me disciplined! Thanks!
Lindy
Coral_M

Re: Hello from Bellingham Washington

Post by Coral_M »

Welcome Lindy. It's lovely to 'meet' a new accordion friend here in the forum. Hope you have lots of fun with your instrument and find the same inspiration from others that I do. Coral
copilotlindy

Post by copilotlindy »

Thanks Coral!
olivigus

Post by olivigus »

Hi Lindy.
I came to accordion from piano too, and the bass side was a complete mystery at first. But I think you will quickly adjust. The way the Stradella bass system works has really helped me understand music in way I never really grasped in all my years of piano. I can relate to your end goal as well--I have a secret ambition to be able to play a set at one of our local feed & garden store's events, where they've had banjo and guitar players perform. I don't really know why, but I have this hankering to sit on a hay bale and play accordion while people shop for plants and pet food. :D
Hope you really enjoy getting to know your Francini!
--Suzanne
copilotlindy

Post by copilotlindy »

Thanks Suzanne!