Hi from Columbus Ohio

Just joining the Accordion Love community? Introduce yourself and say hi to everyone :)
Guy S

Hi from Columbus Ohio

Post by Guy S »

Hi fellow accordion lovers. I have returned with a change up in what type of accordions I play. I have a Roland FR8X digital accordion which is what I play most of the time and a Ottavianelli acoustic accordion (retro keys) which has 96 bass buttons. I really like the variety of sounds that can be produced in the Roland 8X and because it is digital I can reduce the volume and play with headphones if I want to play without others hearing me. The Roland is a full sized accordion. Recently I have been focusing my attention to Klezmer/Sephardic tunes and simple Eastern European songs. I hope to share some recordings with this group in the near future.
Kyle V

Re: Hi from Columbus Ohio

Post by Kyle V »

Welcome back Guy! :)
Guy S

Re: Hi from Columbus Ohio

Post by Guy S »

Well once again I have changed my approach to what accordions I play and what I won't play. I am now in the process of selling the Roland FR8X which I just never enjoyed playing. It was as is the case for all of Rolands I played, not that much fun. So now I just plan to stick with acoustic accordions. I currently have a used full sized Ottavianelli acoustic accordion that I am looking forward to continuing my adventure with Eastern European music (Balkan in particular) and Klezmer. I will keep everyone up to date on my progress! Hi there Kyle and many thanks for your note to me after I completed an intro in May. :D