July Challenge - Claire

Claire S

July Challenge - Claire

Post by Claire S »

Hello everyone!

I played just part of a song for my challenge this month, as I was away visiting family in Japan for most of July and this challenge ended up being very last minute for me. (I was able to visit an accordion store for the first time while I was there though, which was great!)

I played part of Mystery of Love, which has a really nice chord progression at the beginning. In my video I play it the first time without following any of Nikolay’s tips, so just plonking through the song. Then the second time, I tried to be more aware of the bellow control to create some shape and phrasing, especially at the beginning. I also tried giving the song a bit more space to breathe, with a pause between the opening chords and the melody.

Hope everyone had a good July!

ievapa

Re: July Challenge - Claire

Post by ievapa »

Claire, that is great idea to demonstrate the difference between not following the tips and following!
NC Poole

Post by NC Poole »

Wow Claire, the difference is really noticeable! The expressiveness of those early chords the second time through was stunning! Such a beautiful progression, and played with such feeling. I also absolutely love that song and had never even thought of playing it on the accordion so thanks for the inspiration :) Hope your travels were lovely!
Reeka

Post by Reeka »

Yes, I am completlely with Nora - the difference is so clear!
Claire S

Post by Claire S »

Thank you Ieva, Nora, and Reeka!