New member seeking Accordion Online Buddy

Find the latest happenings in the Accordion Love Community here.
Urbancrofter3

New member seeking Accordion Online Buddy

Post by Urbancrofter3 »

Hello All,

INTRO
My name is Rosalind and I have just signed up to ACCORDION LOVE and I'm a beginner based in Bristol, UK. I started learning in April & May 2020. Went from absolute beginner to being almost able to play 1 very simple tune with both hands... then, well, life happened... I had previously looked at the Accordion Love website however I couldn't commit...but now, in these prolonged Covid Times, I've decided,
its a...

NEW YEAR, NEW START
.... and so, I am wondering who amongst you might be interested in a weekly accordion learning accountability/encouragement check in?

UNPACKING THAT IDEA...
I have several creative projects on the go at present, HOWEVER, this one, of learning the accordion having never had any musical training feels probably the most ambitious! As these online lessons rely on my goal setting or not, my self discipline or not, this led me to wonder if anyone else felt like they would like a beginners Accordion Buddy?

HOW MIGHT THIS WORK?
I was imagining a process whereby two people, in this instance, myself and one other, would commit to 4 weeks say, checking in over zoom/signal/etc at a prearranged time once per week to discuss mini goals, agree accountability/ encouragement etc., then meet the following week and so on for 4 weeks. If others liked the idea, great! Committing to just 4 weeks with any one person could be a great way of getting to know each other too.

SIGNING OFF
Here's hoping one of you might be ready to leap in...

Rosalind
URBANCROFTER3
Ronen from Accordion Love

Re: New member seeking Accordion Online Buddy

Post by Ronen from Accordion Love »

This is a really good idea, Rosalind!
I'll make mention of it in the livestream Sunday and hopefully you find an accountability partner.
If you haven't found anyone, feel free to email me with the progress you're making and any questions you have. I know it's not the same, but I'm always happy to provide feedback and guidance.

Ronen
Mia H

Re: New member seeking Accordion Online Buddy

Post by Mia H »

Hello Rosalind, I'd be happy to try this ! I think it could be benefic for the two people doing it. My name is Mia, I'm 21years old, I'm not a teacher nor a advanced player haha so I think we could both find a way to learn from each other ;) let me know if you still want to do it, here is my email : mia.heurteaut@outlook.com

(Ronen though is an excellent teacher and will be able to answer a lot more question than I will if you need ! )
Mia :D