November Challenge - Maria

Maria

November Challenge - Maria

Post by Maria »

Hi, all!
So, this video isn't perfect, but I'm still quite happy with it because of all the new things I got to try! As many of you know, I was contemplating a new accordion and she arrived on Friday! I made this video on Saturday...so, it wasn't just the vamp that was my personal challenge. Here is a list of the elements that I, as a very new accordion player, challenged myself on for this video:
1) new instrument - much bigger with a totally different feel from my 40-bass Hohner (this was only the second day I got to practice with it!)
2) vamp intro
3) 4-chord progression (1, 4, 2, 5) - up to now, I'd only ever incorporated 3 chords into my songs
4) changing registers in the middle of the song (I've never had register switches before!)
5) switching between alternating bass technique and basic root-chord left hand techniques
6) playing longer song from memory - as someone who studied music, I've always been used to reading music, but I REALLY enjoy the playing by ear and figuring it out, too!

Bert P

Re: November Challenge - Maria

Post by Bert P »

That sounds already good. Figuring out the bases is quite a job.
Without sheetmusic of this song, you played very well!
Enjoy Christmas with Rudolf.
ChrisB

Post by ChrisB »

Wow, what a beautiful instrument. I was looking for a 72 Hohner in white. I tried several places but no one had the color. Beautiful accordion with a great sound. Thanks for posting!
Connie B

Post by Connie B »

Awesome, Maria! Lovely accordion!
annadalvi

Post by annadalvi »

Sounds great Maria. Congratulations on the new accordion. I hope you'll become fast friends. It has a really nice sound, and looks lovely in white too. Looking forward to hearing more soon.
annewolpe8

Post by annewolpe8 »

Trying to do so many new things Maria. This is wonderful and your new accordion sounds good.
Coral_M

Post by Coral_M »

I just love your new accordion Maria. I hope you will be happy partners for many years. Well done in combining so many new things in just one day.
Ramona

Post by Ramona »

I am so glad that everyone doesn’t wait to be perfect before posting. Otherwise we would all miss out.

Enjoyed listening. Great accordion. :-)
Kyle V

Post by Kyle V »

Hi Maria Good performance! :)
Claire S

Post by Claire S »

Sounds great! So many new things going on makes for a fun challenge. Enjoy getting to know your new accordion! :D