February Blues Ending - Chris B

ChrisB

February Blues Ending - Chris B

Post by ChrisB »

This was a welcome addition to my repertoire since all of my songs have been ending in two bits and a haircut since December :)

Here is my attempt:

Photo of my Grandpa (David Biasco) with his band.
Last edited by ChrisB on Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicholas F

Re: February Blues Ending

Post by Nicholas F »

Hey Chris!
Wow, what a rich family history your have of music and the accordion. We really enjoyed your sharing that with the community. We were also really impressed with your background... we were imagining that maybe you had a giant recording studio or something. Anyways, you did a great job and that picture made your post extra special. -Lynsey and Nick
ChrisB

Re: February Blues Ending

Post by ChrisB »

Thanks guys, I'm inspired by the simplicity of my grandpas story so I end up talking about it a lot. Grandpa always had a very entrepreneurial spirit, but it never seems to be that easy. :)

I had intended to start the video by saying "Reporting live from my mother basement in freezing illinois" but I guess I forgot. I do have a couple monitors where I watch the live streams and a JBL speaker for audio, but nothing fancy. It's funny I feel so chaotic when I have the accordion on my lap, then I'm trying to google something and take notes. It just feels like I have too much going on, but then on the live streams I see that's what Ronen is doing also, so I'm reassured I'm on the right path!
Kyle V

Re: February Blues Ending - Chris B

Post by Kyle V »

Hello Chris Nice tune! I enjoyed your classic blues ending and the song. :)
Ronen from Accordion Love

Post by Ronen from Accordion Love »

Chris, what an awesome story. And the fact that you have the photo AND your grandfather's accordion!! 😮 Awesome. I'm sure he'd be proud.

Love your blues. Keep at it! Keep playing that blues scale. The more you do it the smoother it gets, and the smoother it gets, the more you can get away with just hitting any notes 😄

Nailed it! Thank you
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Hi Chris,
I loved the story and your playing! Thanks for sharing.
Mary
Glenda R

Post by Glenda R »

Wow. Imagine having your grandfathers accordion. That’s pretty special. I guess you’re aiming to play like he did. Well done. Glenda.
ByronBedenbaugh

Post by ByronBedenbaugh »

Hi, I enjoyed hearing about your families history with the Accordion. Glad you chose to learn the Accordion and keep the music going in your family.
Davuser_id O

Post by Davuser_id O »

Thanks for sharing your story with us Chris
Larry T

Post by Larry T »

Wonderful, Chris! Like everyone who posted comments here, I loved your introduction regarding your grandfathers on both sides of the family. How appropriate to tell their stories in connection with this month's challenge. You did great playing and inspired me to keep practicing. Thanks a lot and here's to warmer days in the basement in coming months.