November Challenge John G

Post your responses to the monthly Accordion Love Challenges in this forum.
John G

November Challenge John G

Post by John G »

Ronen, Thanks for the enjoyable challenge. Failed on the 15 seconds and probably everything else but it was fun trying.
Craig D

Re: November Challenge John G

Post by Craig D »

I like your chording John, and the closing bass line. That's a striking looking accordion!
John G

Post by John G »

Thanks Craig, I think my entry should have been for the unclear melody in comparison to yours which was crystal clear! I Will be working on Ronen’s clear melody tutorial. John
Adrian P

Post by Adrian P »

Nice effort John, well done.
Adrian
It's humble to stumble ! :)
Ronen from Accordion Love

Post by Ronen from Accordion Love »

John, I listened to it three times! There's so much going on there (in a good way) :smiley:
Yes, you are using semi-tones in your right hand. You are also using multi-fingered melodies, resolving chords, and that left-hand walkdown in the end was amazing! I had to pick up my accordion and play around with those chords, too :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the video :) And that's a beautiful looking accordion!
Scotia G

Post by Scotia G »

Great bass line! Interesting melody, too (with good use of semitones). And what a gorgeous accordion you have! I like those pearly keys.
Guy S

Post by Guy S »

Hello John,

Nice chords and I am curious about your accordion. It looks like it has 1 treble register and 1 bass register. If that is correct then that would be a nice simplification of what most of us have. I would image it is pretty light, which would also be nice for a full sized accordion!
John G

Post by John G »

Adrian,Scotia and Guy, Thanks for your comments.
The accordion is a 1930s Cardinal Grand Soprani Settimio weighing 22lbs. Restored by Accordion Centre Birmingham, UK
its a 4 voice musette, sometimes its hard to tell as some of the older models do not have couplers on them. There are 4 reed blocks inside on the treble. There is an indicator to enable you to see what coupler you had switched to. Just started a year ago with zero music background so have some catching up to do ! Thanks .John.